Saturday, August 21, 2010

Memory Lane

Here's a walk down memory lane:

I had a class the following day. Part of the ordeal, as with any other class, is to read the cases assigned. That evening, I searched one of the cases assigned through Google. Having found the link to the case, I read it thoroughly and was, in fact, delighted at the facts and how the court ruled. I read it thrice just to be sure that I understood what I read. It was a bit short than the other cases.

That night, I got a bit excited. I went "oh yeah I am so nailing this case for tomorrow's recitation," or something to that effect. I even imagined myself standing up slowly after getting called to recite the case, with a bright aura shining behind me and a divine chorus of angels playing in the background all the while. I was able to sleep eventually.

So the day came and it was time for class. The case I got excited with was the last case for the day's discussion. Almost two hours went by, the class was about to end, and I wasn't called yet. I thought to myself, "fuck yeah, call me, call me." But somebody else got called to recite the case. I got a bit frustrated, but hey, maybe it just wasn't my day.

And it really wasn't.

As my classmate was reciting the case, I thought, "what is that case?" To cut the chase, I realized I read the WRONG case. So much for the adrenaline rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suck it up good, bitches.